Americans spend approximately $43 billion per year on creams, cosmetic enhancements and spa treatments (which allot for a staggering $12 billion on their own).Takingcare of one’s skin is clearly a major concern for many – in many cases, it’s one of the first traits people notice. But spa service menus often contain a laundry list of confusing language; don’t get lost in the sea of information.
One of the best ways to determine which facial you should consider is by inspecting your skin. A licensed clinical aesthetician can craft a customized treatment plan based on your unique needs. After an aesthetician has identified your specific needs, you’ll most likely fall into one of the following broad categories concerning your skin: normal, oily, combination, fine lines and wrinkles – or perhaps a mixture of these.
But before hopping over to your neighborhood spa for facials comprised of mostly pampering and soothing, consider making the trip to a cosmetic or surgical center. The registered aestheticians at these establishments are highly qualified to perform a variety of medical, or clinical facials.
Medical grade facials can be the ideal answer to a number of skin care woes – whether you’re experiencing dry, flaky skin, excess oil, or missing the healthy glow of youth. Harnessing the power of medical-grade products and tools, these procedures address serious skin concerns to achieve optimal results.For example, a regular spa may utilize a glycolic peel of only 30 percent strength, whereas medical facials can use upwards of 70 percent. It’s just a matter of more intense results, and the outcome you hope to achieve.
Iorio Plastic Surgery & Medspa in New Jersey is one state-of-the-art facility utilizing a variety of clinical facials designed to leave clients with glowing, envy-worthy skin. Their CosMedical Facial is a customized, therapeutic treatment that’s tailored just for you. Designed to firm, hydrate, tone, and brighten as needed, it will reduce skin stress and oxygenate the cells.
A customized facial typically employs the use of the following techniques.
· Oxygen facials allow oxygen molecules to enter the tissues of our bodies. While this does happen naturally, oxygen facials utilize pressurized oxygen, acid and customized serums to deliver intense hydration to cells. It leaves clients with plump, rejuvenated, younger-looking skin.
· Looking to get a fabulous lit-from-within glow? Look no further than microdermabrasion facials. Tiny “micronized” crystals slough off dull and dead layers of skin left behind due to sun damage or aging. This procedure is best booked on a day with no events – as it can cause mild rosiness.
· Should your skin look dull and tired, inquire about brightening treatments, which will leave a client with dewy skin for days. A myriad of masks, acid and enzyme treatments are used in tandem to awake the skin.
· Aging skin can greatly benefit from firming or contouring facials, which use microcurrent devices to tighten and lift the facial muscles. While their effects are sometimes fleeting, they offer a great boost before an important day or event.
· If blackheads and large, unsightly pores are something that bother you, never skip the extractions. While they can be a little uncomfortable, decongesting facials wipe out blackheads, whiteheads, and sebum in one fell swoop.
Men face a slew of different types of skin concerns – so their facials should be designed to address their unique needs. Iorio Plastic Surgery & Medspa offers a Gentlemen’s Facial that provides deep cleaning, exfoliating, and extraction in a single, convenient appointment. A customized mask hydrates and alleviates skin irritation, a feeling that men are all too familiar with due to shaving.
We all must face the day; we may as well do it with beautiful skin from head to toe. For more information about customized facials, contact Iorio Plastic Surgery & Medspa at (732) 780-9191 in Colts Neck, New Jersey, or (732) 458-7400 for our location in Brick, New Jersey.