It may seem odd to think that creating tiny holes in your skin can actually be of benefit – but it’s true! It’s called “microneedling,” and there are many reasons why it is so popular. Read on for some more information on this procedure and how it can help to give you beautiful skin!
The benefits of microneedling
Microneedling can help to give you younger-looking, refreshed skin. Here’s what you should know about this procedure:
• It uses tiny needles to create tiny injuries to the skin. This stimulates the skin to begin repair, and it starts to produce collagen, a protein that is vital for healthy and beautiful skin, hair, and nails. “New” skin is created, which is brighter and smoother.
• Microneedling not only gives skin a healthy look, but it can also help reduce the appearance of acne scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, and other blemishes.
• Even those who are needle-phobic can stand to have microneedling done. The needles used are very small – some are as small as .5 mm. Iorio Plastic Surgery uses the ProCell system, which creates hundreds of microinjuries to the skin with just one pass.
• Although it may take a few sessions to see your desired results, you may notice improvement in your skin after just one session.
• There is no downtime required after microneedling. However, you should try to stay out of the sun for the rest of that day and avoid sweating too much so that you don’t irritate your skin.
• There are very few side effects – there may be some redness for about an hour and a half after the procedure.
• Microneedling is suitable for almost everyone and is safe for a variety of skin types. You should be in good overall health and not pregnant. Talk to your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
Microneedling is effective, noninvasive, and quick. If you’ve tried at-home treatments to improve your skin with no results, microneedling may be the answer for you! Call Iorio Plastic Surgery for a microneedling appointment. Call the office in Holmdel and Colts Neck, New Jersey, at 732-780-9191 or the office in Brick, New Jersey, at 732-458-7400 today!