For many women endowed with larger breasts, size does matter – but not always in a good way. Especially if a woman has a small frame, large breasts are less of an asset and more of a physical burden. That’s because your breasts are not in proportion with the rest of your body. In some cases, a breast reduction procedure can feel like less of an option and more of a necessity for day-to-day comfort and flexibility.
For one thing, the weight of their breasts can cause neck, back, and shoulder pain. Also, large breasts can cause skin irritation on the underside of the breast. And, even with the help of a sports bra, try jogging comfortably with extremely large breasts. A woman should not have to limit exercise and activity for reasons that could be remedied by a common surgical procedure.
Large breasts can also have a negative psychological effect on some women, making them unhappy or self-conscious about their appearance. Often, large breasts are unevenly sized, or the shape and firmness of the breasts may not be to one’s satisfaction.
For these women, there is a way to increase their body self-confidence – with breast reduction surgery.
It’s a safe, cosmetic procedure performed one of three ways:
· The Inverted-T Breast Reduction: This method involves making three incisions – one along the underside of the breast; one vertically from the areola to the breast crease; and one along the edge of the areola. This is an effective way to reshape sagging or asymmetrical breasts.
· The Vertical Breast Reduction: This method involves only two incisions and is designed for a moderate breast reduction. An incision is made around the edge of the areola and another is made from the bottom of the areola to the crease beneath the breast. As a result, there is less scarring.
· Liposuction: This method involves the removal of fat tissue from your breasts. However, it isn’t an option for all breast reduction patient and is only used for a small reduction in size.
If you’re debating whether breast surgery is a good option for you, there are several things that breast reduction surgery can help you achieve:
1. It can enhance your self-confidence. You can feel better and less self-conscious about your physique, whether at home, at work, at social events, or the beach.
2. It can help relieve back, neck, and shoulder pain. Breast reduction can improve your posture and make you feel more physically comfortable. This is one of the biggest reasons women turn to breast reduction procedures. In many cases, a breast reduction can be a no-brainer when weighed with the alternative of bearing such a burden every single day.
3. It can improve your ability to participate in sports and other activities. Large breasts often constrict movement and can even cause repetitive stress injuries. Following breast reduction surgery and recovery, it’s easier to engage in all types of activities with better balance and more mobility.
4. It can make it easier to buy and wear clothes you’ve always wanted to wear. Large breasts make it difficult to find clothes that fit you properly. Odd sizes limit your choice and cost you more when shopping. With a more streamlined figure, you can wear a dress any way you want and save more on a great variety of clothes.
5. It can help you look better as you age. Breast reduction helps to avoid stretch marks over time. It allows your bosom and the areas around your breasts to age more smoothly.
Dr. Louis Iorio specializes in plastic surgery procedures and is very experienced in the latest techniques for breast reduction. He would be happy to discuss with you the benefits of this potentially life-enhancing procedure. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Iorio, call Iorio Plastic Surgery & Medspa, today at (732) 780-9191 for Colts Neck, New Jersey or (732) 458-7400 for Brick, New Jersey. You can also request an appointment online.